Computer Dot Com is a series of 10 books for classes 1 to 10. The series is based on the guidelines introduced by CBSE as well as the syllabi of other major boards of education.
What makes Computer Dot Com special?
- We will Learn About: List of topics to be learnt
- Activity: Warm up activity given to assess the previous learning of concepts
- Discuss and Learn: Discussion-based questions given to enhance thinking skills
- Gain Knowledge: Additional information given to enhance knowledge
- Think and Answer: In-text questions to help students revise the concepts learnt in the class
- Brainstorm: Questions based on thinking skills given
- Do and Learn: Sample stepwise lab activities given to help students understand the concepts
- Computer Etiquette: Computer ethics and manners to be followed while working on a computer
- Tech Words: Definitions of important terms given at the end of the chapter
- Quick Recall: Summary of the chapter given for quick revision
- Exercise Time: Objective and subjective questions included under various segments
- Apply Your Knowledge: Thought-provoking questions to assess the application of knowledge and enhance thinking skills in students
- In the Lab: Interesting lab activities given to assess the application of concepts
- Computer Fun: Sample practical-questions, projects and activities given to strengthen the understanding of concepts
- Activity Corner: Hands-on activities and projects given to enhance observation, imagination and creativity of children, and promote group work
- Test Yourself: Question bank given at the end of the book to help students prepare for examination
- Practice Olympiad Sheet: Practice Olympiad questions given to prepare students for Computer Olympiad
Interactive Learning App:
- Points to Remember
- Printable Worksheets
- Detailed Teacher's Manual
- Teacher's App
- Online worksheets at www.vivadigital.in
About the Authors:
Niranjana VS (MSc, BSc, BEd) has got more than 15 years of experience in computer education and is currently teaching in a reputed school in Thrissur, Kera la as the Head of the Department (Computer Science).
Shalini Bhatnagar has an MCA degree and over 17 years experience in teaching in a reputed school in New Delhi. For over 8 years, she has been an examiner for evaluation of theory and practical examinations for class 12.