Computer Applications is in two volumes for classes 9 and 10. This volume is specially meant for class 9 strictly following the CBSE curriculum. The book is organised into four units. These units include Computer Basics, Types of Software, Basics of Operating System, Windows Operating System, Networking Basics and Multimedia, Internet, Cyber Safety, MS Word—Word Processor, MS PowerPoint—Presentation Tool, MS Excel—Spreadsheet Tool, Programming in Scratch and Introduction to Python Programming. Each chapter of the book is organised into sections like We Will Learn About, More to Learn, Quick Recall, Let’s Discuss, Let’s Revise, Technopedia, Exercises (Solved), In the Lab, Application-based Questions and Assignment. The book also provides two unsolved sample question papers at the end.
- Aims at familiarising the students with basics of IT and developing skills for using various IT tools
- Strictly follows the latest CBSE curriculum and guidelines
- Includes theoretical and practical exercises
- Ensures coverage of all topics as prescribed in the CBSE syllabus in simple and easy language
- Includes extensive illustrations and examples consisting of diagrams, pictures and screenshots
- Includes the lab and application-based questions to assess the learning of students
- Includes the solved exercises at the end of each chapter
- Includes extra questions in the ‘Assignment’ section.
Teacher’s Resources • Detailed Teacher’s Manual
Online Resources • Answer Key • Worksheets • Detailed Lesson Plans • E-book
About the Series Editor:
Shalini Bhatnagar has an MCA degree and over 17 years experience in teaching in a reputed school in New Delhi. For over 8 years, she has been an examiner for evaluation of theory and practical examinations for class 12.