The language skills acquired at school often determine children’s future academic success. With a comprehensive language-learning package, Real English trains school-level learners to use English confidently for academic purposes and social interaction.
• ENGAGING TEXT: a rich and representative selection of classic and contemporary literature including stories, folk tales, anecdotes, biographies, episodes from history, real stories, factual writing, plays, poems and rhymes.
• CORE SKILLS: reading and comprehension • listening • thematic and general vocabulary • speaking • grammar and usage • aesthetic appreciation • pronunciation • functional and creative writing
• VALUES AND LIFE SKILLS: beyond-the-text activities that focus on values and impart essential life skills
• PURPOSIVE ORGANIZATION: well-graded, cross-referenced and contextually organized practice tasks; space for written responses
• ELEGANT PRESENTATION: coIourfuI, imaginative illustrations in a contemporary layout
The pedagogic approach in Real English helps learners achieve both functional knowledge of English and a deep understanding of its linguistic structures. The lessons incorporate core value elements like national identity, tolerance, women empowerment, ethical conduct and protection of the environment. The carefully graded exercises involve varying levels of challenge and difficulty aimed at different learning styles and abilities.
RESOURCES FOR TEACHERS: Lesson plans • Answer key • Animated lessons • Printable worksheets • Enhanced e-book • Test generator
PRINT: Coursebook • Workbook • Supplementary reader • Teacher’s guide
DIGITAL: Animated lessons • Enhanced e-books • Interactive modules • Audio for listening practice • Printable worksheets • Test generator •
About the Author:
The late Brinder Aulakh was a teacher trainer and materials producer. She developed materials for teaching phonetics, grammar and methodology for primary, secondary and tertiary levels. Her publications include Teaching Nursery Rhymes and A Remedial Grammar for Primary School Teachers and numerous articles on ELT. She was the director of the Regional Institute of English, Chandigarh. Her qualifications included M.A. English (Delhi), M.A. Linguistics (Delhi), M.A. Applied Linguistics (Reading, UK) M.Phil. Semiotics (Paris), B.Ed. (Punjab), PGCTE (CIEFL, Hyderabad), PGDTE (CIEFL, Hyderabad), Cert. English Language (Rajasthan & British Council), Cert. Linguistics, Statistics and ELT (UGC & Mysore).