|A Multi-Skill Language Course|
The English-language skills acquired at school often determine children’s future academic success and effectiveness in social interaction. With a comprehensive learning package of language skills,
Real English trains learners to use English confidently for academic purposes and social interaction.
The pedagogic approach in Real English helps learners achieve both functional knowledge of the English language and a theoretical understanding of its structures. The workbook reinforces the concepts learnt in the coursebook through rigorously graded and closely correlated extra exercises.
Real English workbooks offer an excellent language-learning experience with challenge and fun.
• Grammar practice that enhances the structural understanding of language and makes learner deft with grammar
• Vocabulary builders that expand on the contextual, thematic, formal and general vocabulary exercises in the coursebook
• Development of reasoning skills and interpretation of facts, tables and pictures
• Clear and focused instructions for easy accessibility to both teacher and learner
• Interesting writing tasks that not only make writing fluent and reference skills sharp but also stimulate inquisitiveness and creativity
• ‘English for Life’ approach emphasizing the practical, everyday use of language, going across curricula
PRINT: Coursebook • Workbook • Supplementary reader • Teacher’s guide
DIGITAL: Animated lessons • Enhanced e-book • Interactive modules • Audio for listening practice • Printable worksheets • Test generator
About the Author:
The late Brinder Aulakh was a teacher trainer and materials producer. She developed materials for teaching phonetics, grammar and methodology for primary, secondary and tertiary levels. Her publications include Teaching Nursing Rhymes and A Remedial Grammar for Primary School Teachers and numerous articles on ELT. She was a director of the RegionaI lnstitute of English, Chandigarh. Her qualifications included M.A. English (Delhi), M.A. Linguistics (Delhi), M.A. Applied Linguistics (Reading, UK), M.Phil. Semiotics (Paris), B.Ed. (Punjab), PGCTE (CIEFL, Hyderabad), PGDTE (CIEFL, Hyderabad), Cert. English Language (Rajasthan & British Council), Cert. Linguistics, Statistics and ELT (UGC & Mysore).