The English-language skills acquired at school often determine children’s future academic success and effectiveness in social interaction. With a comprehensive learning package of language skills,
Real English trains learners to use English confidently for academic purposes and social interaction.
The pedagogic approach in Real English helps learners achieve both functional knowledge of the English language and a theoretical understanding of its structures. The workbook reinforces the concepts learnt in the coursebook through rigorously graded and closely correlated extra exercises.
Real English workbooks offer an excellent language-learning experience with challenge and fun.
• Grammar practice that enhances the structural understanding of language and makes learner deft with grammar
• Vocabulary builders that expand on the contextual, thematic, formal and general vocabulary exercises in the coursebook
• Development of reasoning skills and interpretation of facts, tables and pictures
• Clear and focused instructions for easy accessibility to both teacher and learner
• Interesting writing tasks that not only make writing fluent and reference skills sharp but also stimulate inquisitiveness and creativity
• ‘English for Life’ approach emphasizing the practical, everyday use of language, going across curricula
PRINT: Coursebook • Workbook • Supplementary reader • Teacher’s guide
DIGITAL: Animated lessons • Enhanced e-book • Interactive modules • Audio for listening practice • Printable worksheets • Test generator
About the Author:
Anand Mahanand is Associate Professor, Centre for Materials Development, English and Foreign Languages University (formerly Central lnstitute of English and Foreign Languages), Hyderabad. His research areas include syllabus and materials development, language through literature, and English for academic purposes.
Sreetilak Sambhanda completed his Master’s in English from the Central lnstitute of English and Foreign Languages (now English and Foreign Languages University), Hyderabad, and M.Phil. in English from the University of Hyderabad. He is an editor and writer based in New Delhi.