Viva Health and Physical Education is a textbook for class-IX conceptualised and developed in accordance with the latest guidelines of Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and NCERT.
The book covers in detail all topics of Physical Education, highlighting the important concepts, skills and latest basic rules of the subject along with the major trends in different sports. The book has been developed keeping all these aspects in mind to help the target readers meet their basic needs.
- A contemporary text on physical education entirely based on the New Education Policy (NEP).
- Chapter Outline in each chapter lists the topics discussed in it, so as to render the task of learning and understanding easier and systematic.
- Chapter Summary giving the gist of each chapter in the book.
- Important Terms and Concepts briefly explaining the important terms used in each chapter.
- Exercise at the end of each chapter contains multiple sets of Chapter-based Questions based on the latest CBSE course structure.
- All references, facts and information gathered from authentic and reliable sources.
- High-resolution photographs to support the text.
About the Author:
Gulshan Kumar is an MPEd., BPEd., MPhil. and LLB, with a vast experience in physical education and sports, also a medallist of the famous Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports, Patiala. He is working with National Cadet Corps as an NCC Officer and got medal and award from in different type of activities and camps. He represents Delhi in different National Camps like National Integration Camp, Leadership Camp, Rock Climbing Training Camp, Annual Republic Day Camp and Combined Annual Training Camp. Presently he is working as a Head of Department (HOD) Physical Education and Sports in St. Mary’s School, Dwarka, Delhi.