Start Up Science for classes 6 to 8 exposes children to the vibrant nature and to the physical and chemical principles underlying various natural phenomena. The series is based on the principles of child-centered education, activity-based learning and holistic child development. It presents the subject matter in a carefully structured manner keeping in mind the vision of the National Curriculum Framework.
Key Features of Start Up Science 6 to 8
- Simple, easy to understand language and appropriately graded
- Margmments consisting of word meanings, Key Facts, Do You Know, Mind Scramblers and Classroom Discussions (containing questions based on Thinking Skills)
- In-text questions in Answer Orally
- A wide variety of exercises to assess the concepts learnt
- Ample number of tasks including activities and projects
- Sample test papers given to assess the knowledge of students
- Practice questions for Science Olympiad
Online Support Material:
- Printable Worksheets for Each Chapter
- Printable Practice Test Papers
- Answer Key
- Online Support: www.vivadigital.in
Download Teacher’s Support material on www.vivadigital.in
Download the Start Up Science app to enjoy the wholesome interactive learning experience.
- Interactive Learning App
- Start Up Science Workbooks
- Detailed Teacher’s Resource Material
- Start Up Science Lab Manuals
About the Authors:
Neha Sharma is a gold medalist in M.Tech. from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. She did her M.Sc. in Physics from University of Delhi and has worked as an Assistant Professor in Galgotias College of Engineering and Technology, Greater Noida for more than seven years. Presently she is working as PGT Physics in Venkateshwar Global School, Rohini.
Akanksha Dudpuri (M.Tech. in Biotechnology) is an educational books editor and a resource person based in New Delhi.
About the Series Editor:
Ajoy Ghatak has served as a Professor of Physics in IIT Delhi. He obtained his M.Sc. from the University of Delhi and Ph.D. from Cornell University. The awards he has received include the 2008 SPlE Educator Award, the 2003 Optical Society of America Esther Hoffman Beller Award, the CSlR S.S. Bhatnagar Award, the 16th Khwarizmi International Award, the International Commission for Optics Galileo Galilei Award and the Meghnad Saha Award for outstanding research contributions in theoretical sciences. He received a D.Sc. (Honoris Causa) from the University of Burdwan in 2007. Professor Ghatak has published numerous books in the areas of Optics, Quantum Mechanics and Fiber Optics and is a tireless promoter of science education worldwide.