Viva ICSE Geography for classes 6 to 8 conforms to the latest curriculum released by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE) in November 2016.
The primary objective of the series is to enable the learners to appreciate the working of the world around them and make them understand that the earth is the habitat of humans and other life forms. It also aims at familiarizing the learners with their own region, making them understand how various local and global regions are interdependent and how the developments in one region affect the other parts of the world.
This series has been designed to present the concepts in a simple yet engaging manner. Each chapter has embedded exercises and activities to make learning more meaningful and enable the learners to make connections with the wider world.
Key Features of the Series
- Lessons presented in an engaging and easy-to-understand language
- Appropriate pictures, photographs and maps given to make concepts clearer
- A glossary of difficult words given on the same page on which they appear to facilitate at-a-glance reading
- In-text questions for discussions to gauge whether the topic has been grasped given in Let’s Discuss/Do
- Information based on the topic but beyond the syllabus presented in Fact Corner
- Let’s Recall recapitulates all the important topics covered in the chapter
- Varied types of questions such as choosing the right option, gap fills, brief and detailed answers, comparisons and map work provided in Let’s Learn
- Let’s Do covers classroom activities, projects to be done independently, and discussions on topics of global concern
About the Editor:
Sumitra Ray, with a vast teaching experience of over three and a half decades in the middle as well as higher school, is currently a teacher and coordinator for the Geography Department at La Martiniere for Boys in Kolkata. She has also been an examiner for the ICSE and ISC examinations.