Viva Social Studies is a set of eight books for classes 1 to 8, designed and developed keeping in mind the latest guidelines framed by the CBSE. The series helps to build knowledge about humankind and the physical and social world we live in. It is an activity-oriented series with creatively designed exercises and individual and group projects and activities.
Salient features of books 3 to 5
- Simple and easy-to-understand language for quick grasp
- Lively illustrations and pictures to reinforce the concepts
- Plenty of tasks for assessment included as questions in Now I Can Answer, chapter-end activities in Try This and a separate Activity section at the end of each chapter
- Questions based on thinking skills incorporated as Give reasons in the exercises
- Let’s Recall at the end of each chapter for quick recapitulation of important points
- Interesting additional information given as Do you know? to kindle students’curiosity
- Assessment sheets given in the middle and at the end of each book
- Map Practice worksheets at the end of each book help students to become proactive learners
About the Author:
Sangeeta Gupta is an educational books editor and resource person based in New Delhi. She has taught for several years at Raghubir Singh Junior Modern School and Starex International School, both in Delhi.