ICSE Physics is a set of three books for the students of classes 6-8. It teaches concepts in a clear, crisp and interesting manner to satisfy the needs of the young minds. The series has been written strictly in accordance with the curriculum prescribed by the Inter-State Board for Anglo-Indian Education.
- Conceptual skeleton of each chapter represented through Key Concepts
- Margin comments consisting of meanings of difficult words, extra information relevant to the concept in Enlighten Your Mind and thought-provoking questions in Curious Mind
- Stop and Reflect section containing objective assessment exercises interspersed in the text to recall and review the concepts learnt
- Know Your Scientist column carries information about notable scientists and their contributions to science
- Vocabulary and Quick Review given at the end of each chapter to consolidate important definitions and the concepts learnt
- Various assessment tools like short and long answer type questions, multiple choice questions, fill in the blanks, true or false, identify the error, match the columns, differentiate between, give reasons and many more included in Exercises to reinforce the concepts learnt in the chapter
- Picture-based questions included in the section Observe and Perform to develop the observational skills in students
- Questions based on thinking skills given in Apply Your Learning to develop critical thinking in students and to assess their application of knowledge gained
- Life Skills based questions given to develop interpersonal skills in students and help students solve real life situation-based problems
- Integrate Your Learning section, a correlation-based approach to help students create links between different subjects
- Engaging and interesting activities given in the section Projects and Activities to nurture and develop scientific skills
- Review Your Learning given at the end of each chapter to assess the conceptual knowledge of students
- Concised concepts of each chapter in the form of flowcharts given under the section At a Glance
- Ask and Learn activity included to encourage students frame and ask questions in the class
- Attempt and Score provided as an assessment tool to assess the overall knowledge of the students
- Logical Thinking questions given to enhance logic and critical thinking
About the Authors:
Prof. Suresh Garg has been associated with School of Sciences in lndira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi since 1993. He served as Commonwealth Expert on Distance Science Teaching at the University of the South Pacific, Fiji Islands from 1996 to 1998. During 1999-2002, he was appointed as Director, School of Sciences of the University and in 2002-2006, he served as Pro-Vice Chancellor and Acting Vice Chancellor of IGNOU. In the period 2008-2010, as Commonwealth expert, he worked as Founder Director, Centre for Learning and Teaching, National University of Lesotho, Lesotho, Southern Africa.
He has been a member of several national and international professional bodies like lndian Association of Physics Teachers, CASTME-Asia, and ICTP-India. Having served on academic, research and management boards of several conventional and open universities in the country and abroad, he carries vast experience in educational planning, management and pedagogy. His books in Physics are widely prescribed by several universities in India. He has also published two books on different aspects of lndian higher education. He has also co-edited five books in different areas of distance education, besides publishing more than 75 research papers in national and international journals of repute, 20 chapters in books and a large number of popular articles. During the period 2003-2006, he was Chief Editor of lndian Journal of Open Learning published by IGNOU. Between 2004 and 2006, he was Editor of Global E-Journal of Open, Flexible & Distance Education. He has been on the Editorial Boards of AAOU Journal on open learning, Staff and Educational Development International, lnternational Journal of Scientific, Engineering and Educational Research published online and Open Praxis published by International Council for Distance Education.
Neha Sharma is a gold medalist in M.Tech. from Guru Gobind Singh lndraprastha University. She did her M.Sc. from the University of Delhi and has worked as an Assistant Professor in Galgotias College of Engineering and Technology, Greater Noida for more than seven years. Presently she is working as a PGT faculty in Venkateshwar Global School, Rohini.