Viva ICSE Science is a series of three books for the students of classes 3-5. The books are written in an easy to understand language, and in an interesting manner which focuses on satisfying the needs of young minds. The series has been designed strictly in accordance with the syllabus prescribed by the Inter-State Board for Anglo-Indian Education.
- Text arrayed into conceptual blocks, supplemented with hands-on activities and presented in easy-to-grasp pieces for easy understanding of each concept
- Written in an engaging and interesting style
- Conceptual skeleton of each chapter represented through Key Concepts
- Inclusion of visual learning through neat, clear, and well-labelled diagrams and illustrations
- Did You Know columns included in-between text carries extra information relevant to the concepts
- Time to Revise section interspersed in the text contains objective assessment exercises to recall and review the concepts learnt
- Terms to Know given at the end of each chapter includes definitions of important terms
- Quick Look given at the end of each chapter to consolidate the concepts learnt
- Various assessment tools like fill in the blanks, true or false, match the columns, multiple choice questions, answer in one word and answer the questions, included in Exercises to reinforce the concepts learnt in the chapter
- Think and Answer section includes thought-provoking questions to develop critical thinking in students, and assess their application of knowledge gained
- Talk About section includes questions based on life skills to help students solve real life situation based problems and build interpersonal skills
- Link and Learn section includes questions to help students form links between subjects
- Do and Learn worksheet given at the end of each chapter includes a variety of hands-on activities and projects under the sections Project Time, Observation Corner, Outdoor Activity and Group Activity to enhance observation, imagination and creativity of children, and to promote group work
- Assessment Sheets provided as an assessment tool to assess the overall knowledge of the student
About the Author:
Prof. Suresh Garg has been associated with School of Sciences in lndira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi since 1993. He served as Commonwealth Expert on Distance Science Teaching at the University of the South Pacific, Fiji Islands from 1996 to 1998. During 1999-2002, he was appointed as Director, School of Sciences IGNOU, and in 2002-2006, he served as Pro-Vice Chancellor and Acting Vice Chancellor of the University. In the period 2008-2010, as Commonwealth Expert, he worked as Founder Director, Centre for Learning and Teaching, National University of Lesotho, Lesotho, Southern Africa.
He has been a member of several national and international professional bodies like lndian Association of PhysicsTeachers, CASTME-Asia, and ICTP-India. Having served on academic, research and management boards of several conventional and open universities in the country and abroad, he carries vast experience in educational planning, management and pedagogy. His books in Physics are widely prescribed by several universities in India. He has published two books on different aspects of lndian higher education. He has also co-edited five books in different areas of distance education, besides publishing more than 75 research papers in national and international journals of repute, 20 chapters in books and a large number of popular articles. During the period 2003-2006, he was Chief Editor of lndian Journal of Open Learning published by IGNOU. Between 2004 and 2006, he was Editor of Global E-Journal of Open, Flexible & Distance Education. He has been on the Editorial Boards of AAOU Journal on open learning, Staff and Educational Development International, lnternational Journal of Scientific, Engineering and Educational Research published online and Open Praxis published by International Council for Distance Education.