The language skills acquired at school often determine children’s future academic success. With a comprehensive language-learning package, Real English trains school-level learners to use English confidently for academic purposes and social interaction.
• ENGAGING TEXT: a rich and representative selection of classic and contemporary literature including stories, folk tales, anecdotes, biographies, episodes from history, real stories, factual writing, plays, poems and rhymes.
• CORE SKILLS: reading and comprehension • listening • thematic and general vocabulary • speaking • grammar and usage • aesthetic appreciation • pronunciation • functional and creative writing
• VALUES AND LIFE SKILLS: beyond-the-text activities that focus on values and impart essential life skills
• PURPOSIVE ORGANIZATION: well-graded, cross-referenced and contextually organized practice tasks; space for written responses
• ELEGANT PRESENTATION: coIourfuI, imaginative illustrations in a contemporary layout
The pedagogic approach in Real English helps learners achieve both functional knowledge of English and a deep understanding of its linguistic structures. The lessons incorporate core value elements like national identity, tolerance, women empowerment, ethical conduct and protection of the environment. The carefully graded exercises involve varying levels of challenge and difficulty aimed at different learning styles and abilities.
RESOURCES FOR TEACHERS: Lesson plans • Answer key • Animated lessons • Printable worksheets • Enhanced e-book • Test generator
PRINT: Coursebook • Workbook • Supplementary reader • Teacher’s guide
DIGITAL: Animated lessons • Enhanced e-books • Interactive modules • Audio for listening practice • Printable worksheets • Test generator •
About the Authors:
Anand Mahanand is Assistant Professor, Department of Materials Development, Testing and Evaluation, English and Foreign Languages University (formerly Central Institute of English and Foreign Languages), Hyderabad. His research areas include syllabus and materials development, language through literature, and English for academic purposes.
Sreetilak Sambhanda completed his Master’s in English from the Central Institute of English and Foreign Languages (now English and Foreign Languages University), Hyderabad, and M.Phil. in English from the University of Hyderabad. He is an ELT editor and writer based in New Delhi.