The English-language skills acquired at school often determine children’s future academic success and effectiveness in social interaction. With a comprehensive learning package of language skills,
Real English trains learners to use English confidently for academic purposes and social interaction.
The pedagogic approach in Real English helps learners achieve both functional knowledge of the English language and a theoretical understanding of its structures. The workbook reinforces the concepts learnt in the coursebook through rigorously graded and closely correlated extra exercises.
Real English workbooks offer an excellent language-learning experience with challenge and fun.
• Grammar practice that enhances the structural understanding of language and makes learner deft with grammar
• Vocabulary builders that expand on the contextual, thematic, formal and general vocabulary exercises in the coursebook
• Development of reasoning skills and interpretation of facts, tables and pictures
• Clear and focused instructions for easy accessibility to both teacher and learner
• Interesting writing tasks that not only make writing fluent and reference skills sharp but also stimulate inquisitiveness and creativity
• ‘English for Life’ approach emphasizing the practical, everyday use of language, going across curricula
PRINT: Coursebook • Workbook • Supplementary reader • Teacher’s guide
DIGITAL: Animated lessons • Enhanced e-book • Interactive modules • Audio for listening practice • Printable worksheets • Test generator
About the Author:
K E Sunil completed his M. A. in English and M. Phil. in English Language Teaching from the Central Institute of English and Foreign Languages (now English and Foreign Languages University), Hyderabad, and is currently pursuing his Ph.D. in Morphophonemics at the Department of Linguistics, Dravidian University. He has offered a course in academic writing for the International Training Programme at the Central Institute of English and Foreign Languages and has worked on the Multi-Lingual Dictionary Project at the Regional Institute of English, Bengaluru. His areas of interest include syllabus design, materials production, and language testing and evaluation. Sunil is presently a lecturer at Vidyaniketan Pre-university College, Ullal, Bengaluru.