Start Up Science is a series of eight books specially designed for the schools following the CBSE curriculum. It conforms to the vision of the National Curriculum Framework and is strictly based on the CBSE guidelines. The series is based on the principles of child-centered education, activity-based learning and holistic child development.
Key features of Start Up Science 1 and 2:
- Specially developed for schools followingCBSE curriculum
- Simple, easy to understand language and appropriately graded
- Visually attractive and self-explanatory illustrations
- For the teacher suggests various activities to introduce concepts
- Know with Dabby contains factoids
- Dabby’s Time includes in-text questions
- Dabby Wants to Know includes questions based on Thinking Skills
- A wide variety of exercises for assessment
- Questions based on Values and Life Skills in Discuss in Class
- Ample number of creative tasks
- Sample test papers in Let’s Review
- Self-explanatory pull-out charts at the end of the books
Also Available: Interactive CD • Detailed teacher’s resource material
Download support material from www.vivadigital.in: Printable worksheets for each chapter • Printable practice test papers • Answer Key
About the Authors:
Neha Sharma is a gold medalist in M.Tech, from Guru Gobind Singh lndraprastha University. She did her M.Sc. in Physics from University of Delhi and has worked as an Assistant Professor in Galgotias College of Engineering and Technology, Greater Noida for more than seven years. Presently she is working as PGT Physics in Venkateshwar Global School, Rohini.
Anjali Sharma is a teacher in the Army Public School, Delhi Cantt. with several years of teaching experience.
About the Series Editor:
Ajoy Ghatak has served as a Professor of Physics in IIT Delhi. He obtained his M.Sc. from the University of Delhi and Ph.D. from Cornell University. The awards he has received include the 2008 SPlE Educator Award, the 2003 Optical Society of America Esther Hoffman Beller Award, the CSlR S.S. Bhatnagar Award, the 16th Khwarizmi International Award, the International Commission for Optics Galileo Galilei Award and the Meghnad Saha Award for outstanding research contributions in theoretical sciences. He received a D.Sc. (Honoris Causa) from the University of Burdwan in 2007. Professor Ghatak has published numerous books in the areas of Optics, Quantum Mechanics and Fiber Optics and is a tireless promoter of science education worldwide.